We will take you to the most suitable place for cycling, which is the eastern Taiwan. We will visit two lighthouses at the northernmost and easternmost points. Furthermore, you will explore the magnificent Taroko Gorge, biking along the incredible East Rift Valley National Scenic Area and east coast roads.
Taiwan is called “Formosa”which means beautiful island in Portuguese, surrounded by sea and covered by gorgeous mountains. Taiwan is one of the highest density of mountain countries. There are over 260 mountains more than 3,000 km high. Because of being surrounded by Kuroshio current, Taiwan has rich marine sources and nature ecology. Moreover, Taiwan has plenty of aboriginal cultures and temples. Last but not least, hospitable public is the major feature of all.
Bicycle is becoming a popular option of traveling in Taiwan. You will have enough time to experience all the amazing moments along the way. Let’s explore this special island with humanistic life, tasty food, and iconic scene along coast side with our professional guides.
In this tour, we will take you to the most suitable place for cycling, which is the eastern Taiwan. We will visit two lighthouses at the northernmost and easternmost points. Furthermore, you will explore the magnificent Taroko Gorge, biking along the incredible East Rift Valley National Scenic Area and east coast roads.
6 people (1 guide)
Twin beds NT 20,400 / person
Single room NT 26,050/ person
7-8people (2 guide)
Twin beds NT 19,300 / person
Single room NT 24,950/ person
Fees include :
- Insurance, hotel, meals( including water and snacks), professional cycling guide, a 9-passengers van accompany all the way, certification, the hotel of the sixth day( check out time: 12:00 next day)
Fees exclude :
- Rent a bike: NT300 / per day. NT1,800/ 6 days
- Return Train ticket from Taitung at 11/23 Sat. (Please book the ticket in advance on own)
Our tour highlights
our professional guides provide the best route of each day. We will explore the most beautiful sceneries and the most authentic Taiwanese cuisine
2.Sight of Pacific ocean
We will pass the Suhua Highway by our comfortable van for your safety. You can experience the highway on the cliff right next to the pacific ocean!
3.9 passengers van
There will be a van with us along the way. Don’t worry if you have any unexpected situation. We always have your back!
We have professional guide with rich knowledge and experience of bike tour.
5. Insurance is included
- Time: To be announced
- Location : 9F.-5, No.172, Changchun Rd., Zhongshan Dist., Taipei City 104, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
- Content: Pre-departure Briefing: The itinerary and the tips of riding bike.
Day 1 .
Taipei -> Keelung
Cycling: Dadaocheng Wharf -> Taipei River Side Bikeway -> No.2 Provincial Road -> Fuji Fishing Port (Lunch / About 40 km) -> Fugui Cape Lighthouse (Northernmost Point) -> Keelung City (About 80 km)
- Gathering in Dadaocheng Wharf at 8am, we will head to Tamsui alone the Taipei River Side Bikeway. Then we will pass by a popular bike path near the north coast and reach Fugui Cape Lighthouse, which is located at northernmost point. Our lunch will be in Fuji Fishing Port, enjoying delicious seafood. We will settle down at Keelung City. You can take your time in Keelung Miaokou night market and have a lot of tasty street food as dinner.
- Visit : Taipei River Side Bikeway, No.2 Provincial Road Sea View, Guandu Tenple, Fugui Cape Lighthouse (Northernmost Point), Keelung Miaokou Night Market, etc.
- Breakfast : –
- Lunch: Fuji Fishing Port Seafood
- Diner : Keelung Miaokou Night Market ( Dinner on own)
- Hotel : Keelung City – Kodak Hotel or same level
Keelung City -> Yilan Jiaoxi
Cycling : Keelung City -> No.2 Provincial Road -> Fulong -> Sandiao Cape Lighthouse(Easternmost point) -> Daxi Fishing Harbor -> Jiaoxi (About 85 km)
- After breakfast, the professional guide will guide us ride along No.2 provincial road, exploring the spectacular scenery mixed with rock landscape and sea view. We will visit Sandiao Cape Lighthouse, which is easternmost point. You can explore the structure inside and enjoy the sea view on the top of the lighthouse. Then we will arrive Yilan city, living in a famous town “Jiaoxi”, which is famous for the hot spring. Nothing is more relaxing than immersing in hot spring after a whole day ride!
- Visit: Yinyang Sea, 13 Layers Remains, Sea view along the road, Waiao Beach, Jiaoxi Hot Spring,
- Breakfast: Hotel
- Lunch: Fulong Luch Box (To go)
- Dinner : Local cuisine
- Hotel: Yilan Jiaoxi – Sun Spring Resort or same level
Yilan Jiaoxi -> Hualian
Cycling : Jiaoxi Suao Train Station -> ( Taking train or van) -> Xincheng Train Station -> Taroko National Park (Lunch / About 20 km)-> Qixingtan Beach -> Hualien City (Cycling about 70km)
- We are going to pass the dangerous Suhua Highway along the cliff by our comfortable van or train. Then we will cycle in the spectacular Taroko national park, visiting ChangChun Shrine, aroko National Park East Entrance Arch Gate etc. We are going to explore Qixingtan Beach through Hualien Bicycle Path, which is near the harbor. Our hotel will be Astar Hotel with aboriginal culture feature.
- Visit: Qingshui Cliff, Taroko Gorge national park, Qixingtan Beach Bicycle Path
- Breakfast : Hotel
- Luch: Hualien aboriginal residence cuisine
- Dinner: Hualien East Gate Night Market (Dinner on own)
- Hotel : Hualien City – Full Kind Hotel or same level
Hualien City -> An Tong Hot Spring
Cycling: Hualien -> Ruisui -> Guangfu(Lunch/About 50km) -> Yuli -> An Tong(Yuchang Road) Cycling about 95km
- Today we are leaving Hualien City to Guangfu sugar factory, having lunch and famous “Iced dessert”. In the afternoon, we will cycle between Coastal (Mountain) Range and Central (Mountain) Range, accompanied by Xiuguluan River. You will be impressed by the beautiful farming scenery. Our hotel will be An Tong Hot Spring Hotel. There are Japanese style houses made by Taiwan Cypress from the Japan colonial era.
- Visit : Guangfu sugar factory, Country Highway no.193, An Tong Hot Spring Hotel
- Breakfast: Hotel
- Lunch: Guangfu Lunch Box
- Diner: Local cuisine
- Hotel: Hualien An Tong – An Tong Hot Spring Hotel or same level
Hualien An Tong -> Taitung
Cycling: An Tong (Yuchang Road Challenge) -> ChengGong -> Donghe (Lunch / About 50km)-> Taitung, Cycling about 85km
- Today we are going to challenge “Yuchang Road”, 7km length climbing road crossing the Coastal (Mountain) Range to beautiful Hualien Coastal Bikeways. Firstly, we will visit Sansiantai(Terrace of the three Immortals) with the beautiful rocks along the beach. Then we will have our seafood lunch at the biggest harbor of east coast. In the afternoon, we will cycle along the east coast, feeling the breeze and impressive sea view. Moreover, we will try the famous Donghe meat bun and visit “Water Running Up”, “Shiauyeliou” etc. It is the last day of eastern tour and we will have our dinner at Taitung City. We will share our experience with the eastern tour participants.
- Visit: Pacific Ocean view, Sansiantai(Terrace of the three Immortals), ChengGong Seafood, Donghe meat bun
- Breakfast: Hotel
- Lunch: Donghe meat bun & Rice dumpling
- Dinner: Local cuisine
- Hotel: Taitung City- Hoya Resort Hotel or same level
Taitung City -> Home
Take a good sleep in the hotel and enjoy the breakfast. You can explore Taitung City on your own, wandering on the streets, having some tasty food and then go back home by train.
- Check out time: 12:00 at noon
- Please arrange this day on own
- Please buy the return train ticket from Taitung in advance on own
- Breakfast: Hotel
- Lunch: Lunch on own
- Dinner: Dinner on own
- Hotel: Sweet home
- TAIWAN BIKE TOUR has the right to revise the itinerary due to the weather, the participants conditions and other uncontrollable situations. Thank you for understanding.
- Hotels are listed in itinerary or replaced by same level.
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions(eg. Hypertension, Cardiovascular disease, Heart disease, Diabetes, Epilepsy, Asthma etc. ). Please ask your doctor for advise if you are in these cases.